For Permits

Permitting Information

We are delighted that you want to film in Ventura County. All commercial filming or photography activity, including student projects, needs a permit. We have many jurisdictions that permit filming processes in order for you to begin production. Below you will find more information and the contact of each jurisdiction.

What are permitting figures?

Permitting jurisdictions, or figures, of Ventura County assure … There are 35 permitting figures which range from federal to local jurisdictions and it is required to contact them to determine if a permit is needed for your shoot. To determine which jurisdiction you may need to contact please consider the who, what, where, when and how of your shot. This will answer which jurisdictions you may need to contact depending on your answers. Below is a GIS map designed to help you determine this. If you have anymore questions, do not hesitate to contact the VCFC film liaison.

Below this map is a list of cities and jurisdictions. If you need further assistance either finding a location, or pinpointing your location’s jurisdiction please see the most current.

Permitting Jurisdiction Contact

Jurisdiction: Contact: Email:Phone: Fees:
Unincorporate County of VenturaJerylin Hollis 654-2457Fees
City of CamarilloJanessa 388-5360Fees
City of FillmorePatrick (805) 524-1500 ext. 227Fees
City of MoorparkPhilip Neumann 517-6230Fees
City of Ojaii Andrea Mackey 646-5581 ext 101Fees
City of OxnardMaris 385-7407
City of Port HuenemeCharles 986-6658Fees
City of Santa PaulaBeverly (805) 933-4226 Ext. 351Fees
City of Simi ValleyHeidi 583-6380Fees
City of Thousand OaksStephen 449-2338Fees
City of VenturaAllyson 654-7749Fees
State Film Commission
Seaside Park Ventura Fairgrounds James Lockwoodjlockwood@venturacountyfair.org805) 684-3376
Ventura HarborJennifer Talt 642-8538
Conejo Recreation and Park DistrictMatt Kouba 495-6471
Public Works
Rancho Simi Recreation and Park DistrictNikki 584-4415